January 9, 2018
The Top 5 Benefits of Seeing A Massage Therapist
For many people, an appointment with a massage therapist is considered a luxury, and is oftentimes a gift. However, it really should be part of any preventative health care routine, as there are many benefits to regularly seeing a massage therapist.
These are the top 5 reasons to see your massage therapist on a consistent basis:
1. Regular massage can help minimize the effects of anxiety and depression. As massage releases tension throughout the body, the body produces natural hormones that can help reduce anxiety and depression in affected individuals. Many people who receive regular massages report that they have better control over their symptoms, and that they experience fewer bouts of anxiety and depression.
2. Massages performed by a licensed therapist can improve physical health. There are many physical conditions that are improved through massage. Some conditions that benefit from massage include injury, osteoporosis, cardiovascular conditions, fibromyalgia, migraines, arthritis, dementia, and carpal tunnel syndrome. In addition, many cancer patients report that massage can help minimize the effects of chemotherapy and other treatments.
3. Massage can help improve sleep patterns. People who receive massages regularly, rather than intermittently, find that they fall asleep easier at night, stay asleep longer, and enjoy better quality sleep on a consistent basis. In turn, the improvements in their sleep patterns continue to help improve their physical and mental health.
4. People who receive massages regularly report feeling more relaxed. The techniques that are used during massage therapy sessions are designed to release muscle tension and release natural hormones within the body. Not only do people feel more relaxed immediately after their massage appointments, but they are able to remain relaxed throughout other stressful situations.
5. Massage can enhance any regular exercise routine, improving muscle and joint health, which make it easier for people to complete beneficial exercise sessions. Generally, they get better results from combining their routine massage therapy appointments with regular exercise. It can be easier to lose weight, tone muscles and stay fit.
In order to enjoy the full benefits of any massage, it’s critical that individuals make their appointments with licensed massage therapists. Licensed massage therapists have completed an extensive educational program that teaches them proper massage techniques, and they also have completed practice hours to finish their training. For more information on the benefits of massage from a licensed massage therapist, contact Artistic Nails & Beauty Academy today.