Halloween Inspiration and A Beauty Career Choice
Do you wait all year to flip your calendar to October so that you can begin planning your Halloween costume? If you are the type of person who goes all-out for Halloween, including a homemade costume, expert makeup and perfect hair, then a career in beauty may be the best choice for you.
Why Should You Consider a Beauty Career Choice?
- You will get to make people look and feel their best. For many people, Halloween is an opportunity to pretend to be someone that they are not — and maybe to pretend to be someone they would like to be. When you begin a career in cosmetology, you can allow people to feel great about who they are each day.
- You get to help your clients define themselves and their look. Rather than trying to become someone else or fit in with the latest trends, you can use your cosmetology skills to help define your clients and give them confidence. Together, you can create a look that uniquely suits them.
- You get to play dress up every day. Halloween only comes once a year, but when you work as a cosmetologist you can concoct unique and creative styles along with your clients on a daily basis.
Hair and Makeup Tips for Halloween
- Use a primer on your face before applying any makeup. Not only will this help set the makeup in place, but it will protect your skin from the extra makeup that is applied for Halloween night.
- Have fun with your Halloween hair. There’s plenty of paint and glitter available to perfect the look that will complement your costume. Apply generously, but know that it should be taken out as quickly as possible after your celebrations are complete. Rinsing with shampoo and using a significant amount of conditioner can help remove extra product from your hair.
- Know that the creepiest Halloween looks need to be applied in layers. There should be a makeup base, a layer for outlining and a layer for details.
Whether you prefer to create ghoulish costumes for each Halloween, or you like to pretend you are as glamorous as a Hollywood A-lister, you will likely love a career in beauty. Working as a makeup artist or hair stylist will allow you to transform your clients every day of the year. For more information, contact Artistic Nails & Beauty Academy today.