April 8, 2018
Career Change To Beauty or Barbering
Never feel like you must stick with your current job for the long haul. If you feel as though you’re stuck in a rut, it’s probably high time for a career change. One of the most rewarding switches you can make is launching a new career in the beauty industry.
Reasons for a Career Switch
Each individual who abandons his or her current career path has personal reasons for doing so. Here are a few common signs that you may want to leave your job and start a career as a stylist or barber:
- Low wages
- High-stress workplace
- Lack of career advancement opportunities
- Low job satisfaction
- Tired of 9 to 5 schedule
- Long commute
It’s never too late to change careers—even if you’ve been at your job for more than 10 years. In fact, a prolonged tenure may give you the motivation to leave for a job in the beauty industry. If you’ve been in the same position for a decade and you’re not feeling challenged or rewarded, it’s time to move on. Your long-term goals may no longer sync with your current job.
Why Make the Switch to Beauty
A job as a stylist or barber offers many benefits that your current career may be lacking. A few key reasons include:
- Stylists and barbers have more flexibility when it comes to scheduling. You can work part-time, full-time, weekends and evenings depending on your availability. Since stylists are in high demand, you can reduce your commute too since you’re likely to find plenty of local salons.
- Get the respect and admiration you deserve. Clients will appreciate your hard work and reward you with referrals and monetary tips. As you build your network, you can earn a very good income.
- Careers in the beauty industry leave plenty of room for growth. You may start out as a part-time stylist and move up to salon owner. You could also find opportunities to be a stylist for fashion shoots, movie sets or runway shows.
- Finally, you can feel good about your job. Career satisfaction is a given within the beauty industry. Each client is different which allows for new challenges daily. You’ll feel good knowing you are using your talents to make someone beautiful.
Artistic Nails & Beauty can help you seamlessly switch gears and break into the beauty industry. Programs are available at our Lakeland and Tampa locations. Make an appointment with one of our admissions representatives for more information on our many offerings.